The Rinnai RL94eN is one sleek, effective and high end tankless water heater. Available in attractive silver color and compact design that has a simple exterior installation system.
This whole-house tankless water heater has a capacity of 9.4 GPM which clearly indicates that it is a solution for large families living together, or for those who need lots of fixtures running at one time. The
RL94eN is designed with the ability of providing uninterrupted, non-fluctuating hot water through almost 5 plumbing outlets at one time. Moreover, it offers up to 30 degree Fahrenheit rise from ground level water temperature, making it a great choice for those in Northern climates.
The Rinnai water heater was a vital backbone to my sister’s smooth wedding festivities. With over 3 families residing in our house during the occasion, we were in a fix as to how to accommodate water heating needs with our conventional water heater installed. It would simply end its hot water supply, and tough luck had it, it happened mostly during the middle of a shower.
We basically needed a water heating solution that was apt for providing instant hot water without much waiting, able to maintain its temperature when multiple outlets were on at the same time and alongside had to control electricity bills and gas consumption.
After receiving positive reviews and referrals for the Rinnai RL94eN tankless water heater, we finally invested in it and since then there is no looking back. Here is a brief insight of what pros and cons have become prominent since the time we’ve owned it.
- Authorize for Federal Tax Credit- The Rinnai tankless water heater is energy efficient, and thus, qualifies for the Federal Tax Credit. This basically signifies that tax rebates can be enjoyed by owning a tankless water heater, it’s one of the initiatives that can lead to conserving sustainable energies such as electricity and gas.
- Savings on Energy Bills- Reduction in energy bills up to a whooping 40%. Nevertheless, inflation has made it quite difficult to make ends meet and there are hardly many ways to save up and reduce costs. By installing the Rinnai RL94eN, an approximate 40% decrease in energy bills takes place, which is a decent contribution in itself.
- Warranty Period- An impressive warranty period that safeguards the investment made on the tankless water heater. One of the best ways to differentiate average tankless water heaters with the best ones, is to compare the security via warranty. Rinnai offers a 12 years warranty on the heat exchanger, which is the most important part of the tankless water heater. Other than that, a 5 year warranty on its other parts and a 1 year warranty on labour installation costs, incase its placement needs to be changed.
- Consistent Temperature of Water Supply- Rinnai delivers a consistent and non-fluctuating supply of hot water. Those who are used to conventional water heating systems or lower GPM tankless water heaters can feel the difference right away when no water related activity is interrupted due to shortage of hot water supply.
- Touchpad for Temperature Changes- The model of tankless water heater sports a user friendly touch pad with a digital screen that makes water temperature adjustments quite easy. Some people had mentioned that the temperature change is not an easy task to do, but with the help of the manual adjustments in temperature can be done with ease.
- Only Viable for Large Families- The water heating system is an excellent backup for large families, however, for a temporary usage like we had, soon the high capacity was of no use for us. The 5 plumbing outlet supply of hot water through the Rinnai tankless water heater is well worth paying for when majority of the times 4 or 5 plumbing outlets would be in use. Otherwise, cheaper alternatives are available in the market. However, for those who have to deal with seasonal usage of high capacity water heating solution, it is well worth spending the extra bucks since the warranty period and other benefits make it a pretty good deal.
- Calibration Process is Lengthy- If the tankless water heating system loses power due to any given reason, the process of restarting it may seem confusing for someone who is not tech savvy and feels uneasy getting into its mechanics. Although, once the user guide is followed properly, a very simple step by step guide to the calibration process is given which ensures proper start up after emptying previous stored water from the heater.
There are many other tankless water heaters available in the market, but the goodwill and positive reputation enjoyed by Rinnai can be hardly found anywhere else. For families who need higher GPM and usage of hot water, this might be one of the best energy efficient solutions that is durable and backed up with an excellent warranty plan. This whole-house tankless water heating solution must be considered over other similar featured water heaters.
William Fisher is an independent contractor from Austin, Texas as well as the editor and main contributor to TanklessHeat.org. He has over 30+ years experience in the general contracting field. Check him out on Google +
Latest posts by William Fisher (see all)